Catastrophic Destruction






I know, the title is a little bit dramatic. 


I don't know about you all, but I am a huge space geek. I go crazy over anything space related. I love it. Another thing about me is that my life is anything but put together. I am a 21 year old about to graduate and stumble into this "real world." Sometimes I feel like I am just straight chaos, and to be honest I probably am. 

When I start to get down, and find myself thinking that my life is collapsing under all this immense pressure, or that I am crumbling under the weight of the world I remember one thing. Supernovae (plural for supernova). A supernova is an astronomical event that occurs at the end of a massive stars life, (stay with me through the boring stuff). The supernova occurs when all the gas, and elements and super sciency stuff explodes, and then this extremely amazing and beautiful supernova exists. 

Pretty neat right? I promise I am going somewhere with this. 

We have moments in our life where we are in the same process as the supernova. Our lives are chaotic, and we have so much going on that we are collapsing under the weight. Sometimes our lives resemble the gaseous nebula that is about to collapse. You know what though? Supernova's are really freaking pretty. They are full of color and patterns that no artist could come up with. So it's worth it.

This is your chaotic life. These are your struggles. Everything that is weighing you down is about to explode (in a good way) and create this crazy amazing supernova. Your life will go from chaos, to something so extraordinary that people will want to document it. One thing about supernova's is that the energy from their explosion helps the creation of new stars. So your struggle, and explosion helps the world just like a supernova helps create more stars. 

"for a star to be born,
there is one thing that 
must happen: a gaseous
nebula must collapse.

So collapse.
Crumble.
This is not your
destruction.

this is your birth." 

(all credit to the random person on Pinterest who pinned that). 

That poem is the best representation of what I am trying to say. You are not failing by having your life seem like too much at the moment. You are in a process. You are in a rebirth. And I can ensure you that when you collapse, crumble, and explode into a supernova, its going to be pretty darn incredible.

Comments