The In-between

 

 

 "You've got to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life." - Random pinterest quote


We often find ourselves in these little plateaus. We seem bogged down. A time in our life that feels useless. Doing the same thing every day, every week, and every month for a time. You feel like nothing is getting done, or you are going nowhere. Your hopes and dreams seem so far out of reach that you find yourself slowly giving up; whether you realize it or not. This is the in-between of our life. Stuck between two high points. You've moved past the good times where memories were made, you learned a lot, and are now looking towards the future. You are gazing at the hopes and dreams that consume your thoughts, but you have to travel the miles to get there my friend. 

I myself am in this in-between stage. It sucks. There are days where I just don't think I am going anywhere. I feel like a failure 6 out of 7 days. I just left college, and am now waiting for that next phase. The problem is that I'm looking for something that I don't even know what it is yet. I get so discouraged that sometimes I'm just ready to give up on my dreams. Call it good. Take the easy road. But then I realize this is the time in my life where I have to push through, and stay strong. 

Use this as a time to figure out who you are. Find a new hobby. Read some books. DO whatever your heart desires dude. You can't just sit around and mope, content with where you are. It is possible to get stuck in the in-between. People do it all the time. They never quite leave, and spend the rest of their lives angry at the world. Don't become them. This time in your life where you're not quite sure what is next, or what to do, may seem so hard. There may be moments that rip you apart, nights where you can't sleep, and you may lose a few people. One thing that I know is that everything happens for a reason. Life has a crazy way of putting the things you need, where you need them, at the time you need them. You just have to trust it. Trust that this moment stuck in the valley between the two mountains isn't going to last forever if you don't let it. Keep moving through the snow, mud, rain, and any other thing that might deter you.  If you believe that you can do it, well then anything is possible.

Success doesn't come to those who take the easy road, or those who don't push through the in-between. Success comes to those who work through the tough days. The ones who no matter what refuse to give up, because they know something great is waiting on the other side of this in-between.

Comments